Every child and young person has rights, no matter who they are or where they live. Nearly every government in the world has promised to protect, respect and fulfill these rights, yet they are still violated in South Africa.
- We are advocating for an authority to defend children’s rights and support planning for, and monitoring of, children’s rights in South Africa.
- We are working with government in the development of effective participation of children in the design, execution and monitoring of initiatives that affect them.
- We are championing children’s rights across many sectors and building support to promote them.
- We are facilitating and supporting child rights education.
- We are empowering children to participate effectively in governance and influence policies at all levels.
- We are helping private sector and trade unions to respect and support children’s rights in the workplace, marketplace, community and the environment.
- We are studying the impact of South African business on children’s rights and using the findings to raise awareness.